PDA

View Full Version : Technical Question: Urban\City Scale

mtyp
2008-09-02, 03:00 AM
Whats the largest project size you can work with in Navisworks?
Either as an area or volume or file size. What are the limitations that exist.

RobertB
2008-09-04, 12:18 AM
If the building models were simple shapes, I'd imagine you could get quite a bit.

mtyp
2008-09-04, 01:39 AM
thanks RobertB.

We looked at the Bath example and are now going to try Wellington, New Zealand for a university project.
Lots of technical issues to resolve. One being getting our students to supply quality models by a deadline...

kauffman
2008-10-19, 02:29 PM
The biggest we are doing right now is the new east span of the San Francisco Bay Bridge. These seem to really cause multiple problems and I am not sure if this is a scale issue, i.e. the amount of geometry and textures and the size of the area, or a Navisworks 2009 problem. We seem to be experiencing way more problems with these models than we did with Jetstream 5.3. I am trying to determine this, however, we have hit a strange memory limit. I would imagine that a 64bit version of navisworks would help to resolve these issues.

Eric DeLeon
2008-11-13, 06:53 PM
I am running a project that has a high res aerial, 2 existing bridges, 2 proposed bridges, and a detour bridge with traffic (lots of cars) animated throughout the simulation.

I have XP 64 bit. I'm also experiencing some issues with memory issues within Navisworks. Navisworks does give me some memory error, so 64 bit isn't the cure.