PDA

View Full Version : top of wall level annotation

t1.shep
2008-09-02, 09:58 PM
I have a shed roof where I want to show t.o.w. level annotations. I would like to be able to just use the level tool, deselect the create new plan view, and create away. However, Revit will only let me create one level called t.o.w. What's the best way to get around this?
Thanks...

I've done some searching of the threads...It seems that I will need to make a custom spot elevation tag. If that is the way to go, how to I add text to the spot elevation similar to the way levels look?
I've tried to add text into the the spot elevation head family that I created and it comes into the project as upside-down text?

kathy71046
2008-09-03, 12:37 AM
This seems to be something that should be on the wish list.

I've seen a lot of posts about wanting multiple finished floor levels, top of footing/wall etc, and we don't want them shown on our drawings with a level 1,2,3 etc prefixed or appended.

If Autodesk could implement a text override to the name of the level, much like the dim overrides, then we could still have the levels named uniquely, but without showing numerous extra numbers or punctuation on the display of the level.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help you at all, and yes, I've noticed that the level and spot elevation families created do come in upside down too...which is very disturbing.

Not sure if keep readable setting might help with that at all, might play with it later if I get time.