PDA

View Full Version : Swept Blend issues

dbaldacchino
2008-09-03, 04:29 AM
Has anyone tried the Pick Path option when creating the swept blend? If you select more than one line, it gives the error "More than one curve not allowed" (but, but....I'm picking straight lines!!). Basically I created an extruded box and then picked a couple of edges as my path. I could not find this in the known issues document. Anyone care to comment before I send it in?

AP23
2008-09-03, 10:30 AM
Unfortunately, the path can only consist out of two vertices. Unlike the regular sweep tool, you can't pick or draw more lines to form one path even if the path is straight.

dbaldacchino
2008-09-03, 02:30 PM
Ohh that's right. I wasn't thinking clear :) For some reason I was thinking you could sketch multiple lines but we're limited to just one segment (a spline, a straight line or a curve).

twiceroadsfool
2008-09-03, 02:40 PM
We were bummed out by this as well. I had originally thought it would behave just like a sweep, but with two profiles... Unfortch, not the case.

dbaldacchino
2008-09-03, 06:06 PM
This mighht be a "phase 1" implementation and the rest will follow, similar to when they implemented shape editing on roofs and floors and you could not add curves. Obviously we're still eagerly awaiting the slab section not to distort, but that's another issue ;)

twiceroadsfool
2008-09-03, 07:30 PM
I wholeheartedly agree, and i hope no one views my above post as a complaint. Im quite happy with the new functionality. I was just surprised (and looked like a dumbass) when someone told me that was the case, and i vehemently insisted they were wrong.... :)