PDA

View Full Version : Groups question - Restraining my JOY with Revit

barathd
2004-09-23, 09:51 PM
After attending a workshop session of Revit where an acclaimed writer, guru, etc. emphasized the notion that groups where Revit's version of "blocks" I have created some notes in a separate project. Intent being that as I refine the notes they will upgrade where ever I have inserted them.

Problem is when I try to insert the notes within a different project I receive a message stating they must be created within a sheet if I wish to insert them in a sheet. Anyone any ideas how I can overcome this problem and since they where not created within a sheet.

Thank you.

Dick Barath

Kroke
2004-09-23, 09:56 PM
Lol Dick, you still kickin?
I don't have the answer you want, just wanted to say hello, wasn't it you that was using some other cad program that was parametric as well? What was it called? How come you're not using it anymore?
Stick with it, I have, it's worth it...

Knowledge is Power.

beegee
2004-09-23, 10:07 PM
There are a couple of ways.

Method A..
1. Group the notes and save the group out of the original project to a known destination file.

2.. In new projects load and place the group into a drafting view.

3. Place the drafting view on a sheet.

Method B.
1. If the text is in a drafting view, copy and paste into a new drafting view in the new file.

If the text was originally on a sheet view, you can copy and paste to another sheet, not to a drafting view.

barathd
2004-09-23, 10:42 PM
Thanks Bee Gee - follow what your saying - suspected the same, thought I might be missing something.

Kroke - very glad to see things worked out for you. Yes I have tried several other programs including a good bout with ADT - Revit is probably as good as it gets for the time being. Just annoyed with the agonizing pace of progress - annotation is just as crudy as it was 2-1/2 years ago. Well no more bitching - grin and bear it.

Regards

Dick Barath

barathd
2004-09-23, 11:05 PM
Bee Gee:

No problem putting note into drafting view - one exception. How do I get rid of the "title view". Shutting it off (unless it is put in last) messes up the detail numbering.

Thanks again.

Dick Barath

beegee
2004-09-24, 12:20 AM
Hi Dick,

Select the view on the sheet, go to Properities, Edit, select " Show Title " - "No" in checkbox.

barathd
2004-09-24, 03:01 AM
Bee Gee:

Thanks once again.

beegee
2004-09-24, 04:31 AM
You're welcome.

I forgot to mention that it's worth making a Viewport type with the title set to none, saved as "No Title" and load that into your template so that you can quickly switch titles off on your sheets.