PDA

View Full Version : Revit is the cool

Kroke
2004-09-23, 09:52 PM
I had a revision to do on this house I'm working on...it was a pretty complex roof that I had created in an earlier file...
Then I had to change it for a client for the next version...turns out they didn't like it. I'm thinking "Great...I'm going to love re-doing this roof..."

I used the "Group" save as Group as I have just learned to do from this forum, loaded up my new project, deleted the old roof, loaded the new "Group" that was my old roof design and boom...done...

hehe, I luff it...

Not to mention, we wanted to start doing 'modules' on several plans. IE: A great room area, dining wing, master wing, etc etc....

Well, now that I have used this cool tool, now I know I can create these other elements, and plot them in however I want, and just finish out the connecting areas. I know it's a piece of cake to do that with Acad (In plan view only), but this way I already have instant elevations as well.

I'm stoked. It's just a matter of learning all of the tools in Revit... I still really want to go to "Revit school", I know I would bennefit greatly from it.... oh well, some day...

Have a good'n all...

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-09-24, 04:44 AM
I still really want to go to "Revit school", I know I would bennefit greatly from it.... oh well, some day...
They call it AU!
Come on down Kroke. Well worth the money and you will be amazed at how much knowledge you pick up. I figure the things I learned saved me enough time to pay for the trip this year.