PDA

View Full Version : Export from Revit MEP

mitch.cornelius
2008-09-03, 06:16 PM
I'm receiving electrical Revit models for coordination in Navisworks. The biggest problem I'm finding is in the export to .nwc function. When I export the electrical model, the light source portion of the light fixtures comes into the .nwc model (see attached, light fixtures in yellow). The light sources are turned off in the Revit 3D view I am exporting from. I've tried selecting only the light source in Navisworks, but its geometry is tied to the rest of the fixture's geometry.

Anyone have Ideas? This poses innumerable clash problems as everything intersects with that giant bulb!

david.kingham
2008-09-03, 11:42 PM
They seemed to have missed this as it happens in Revit as well http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=85467&highlight=light+source

But the good news is you can select the light source (try shift+click to get to sub-elements) I've attached a search set for you as well

mitch.cornelius
2008-09-09, 06:36 PM
Thanks for this, I am anxious to try it out but have been having troubles with my network licensing since i upgraded to 2009.1 :|. I've got the IT guy working on it, hopefully soon!

mitch.cornelius
2008-09-11, 08:49 PM
As an update, I found a way to get them out of the revit model all together...i'm just not sure what adverse effects this may have

1.Select a light fixture
2.Click “Edit Family” on options bar
3.Click Settings > Family Category and Parameters
4.Uncheck the box next to “Light Source”
5.Load family back into project

david.kingham
2008-09-11, 08:54 PM
It will only effect rendering inside Revit

crawfords
2010-08-17, 08:42 PM
They seemed to have missed this as it happens in Revit as well http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=85467&highlight=light+source

But the good news is you can select the light source (try shift+click to get to sub-elements) I've attached a search set for you as well

Hey, that's nifty! Thanks, David, you just saved me a couple of hours and at least one case of heartburn!

-Crawford

david.kingham
2010-08-17, 08:55 PM
No problem, I'm glad it helped. Just be aware that if the light fixtures in Revit use an ies file to define the light source the search set I posted will not work (you can't even select the light source separate from the light) the only method that works in that case is Mitch's tip above