PDA

View Full Version : structure visibility problems

clark.72011
2004-09-23, 10:44 PM
Hello All,

I am having problems creating reference planes accurately, ie- going in the correct direction and being visible in the views where I wan to work with them in. Is there a trick to making/using them or a tutorial or thread that someone can point me to? Also is there any way to cut a structural member that is already connected to a reference plane at an angle to that plane? Any advice/ suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
April

luigi
2004-09-24, 02:10 PM
Hi April,

I don't know of a specific tutorial just for references. I think you might need to give an example of the problem you are having drawing reference planes, because I never had problems drawing them. As I draw them in plan, they are visible in any plan view that intersects the reference (in some views the references may be turned off) If I cut a section, or show an elevation perpendicular to the reference in plan, then I will see it in that view (of course the view must intersect the reference plan to be able to see it)

In terms of the structural members...
Keep in mind that the structural members have been drawn as a family by people using Revit for a specific purpose. If you want a member to behave differently than the ones you have available, you need to be familiar with family members and their parametric functions and modify that family (or create a brand new one). I remember seeing someone that placed a void geometry to cut the member at a different angle, he wanted to place the member diagonally and wanted the beam cut perpendicular to the floor.

Hope this helps a little bit, but please, give more specific information on the reference problem you are having, and I am sure, somebody, if not myself, will be able to help you.

clark.72011
2004-09-24, 08:29 PM
Luigi-
Thank you for your comments, I think you said just enough to make me realize what I was doing wrong...
April