PDA

View Full Version : Creating a deployment requires Windows XP Service Pack 2 or better

rickwingender
2008-09-04, 06:51 PM
First - the server - Windows Server 2000 SP4, 2.4 Ghz Zeon w/ 2GB ram

We are attempting to do a network deployment of Civil 3D 2009. Running the setup file goes thru the initialization process. Once complete it brings up the "Install" screen with the normal options to read, install, deploy, tools. When deploy is selected, it gives an error that states "CREATING A DEPLOYMENT REQUIRES WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2 OR BETTER". After that, it goes no further.

Any ideas????

cadtag
2008-09-04, 09:25 PM
Try creating the deployment package from a workstation that has XP SP2 installed. IIRC you don't have to sit at the server console to actually create the deployment package. But it's been a while since I needed to do net deployments, so I might be off base.

RobertB
2008-09-08, 05:51 PM
Try creating the deployment package from a workstation that has XP SP2 installed. IIRC you don't have to sit at the server console to actually create the deployment package. But it's been a while since I needed to do net deployments, so I might be off base.You are correct. Deployments can, and should, be created from a workstation. All the user needs is the correct permissions for the server's target folders.