PDA

View Full Version : Phase Help!

wse1
2008-09-04, 08:16 PM
I am new to working with phases and having some problems getting walls to display properly. I am using phasing to create before and after views of my model. The project includes a second floor addition over an existing first floor porch. The existing exterior wall on the second floor will be replaced by an interior wall. I have set the exterior wall to existing phase and redrew a 2x4 wall in its place for the future phase. I need to show both wall types in their respective phase.The walls display correctly for the differnt phase views, however the walls will not join with the existing walls in the same phase. I suspect this is because I have two walls occupying the same space which is confusing Revit. Can anyone suggest how I can have two walls in different phases and clean up walls joins properly? Is there an ideal method to accomplish this?

Thansk for the help

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-04, 08:47 PM
Have you tried to change your view to "Show complete"? I'm assuming you are demolishing the existing exterior wall on the second floor.

Andre Carvalho

twiceroadsfool
2008-09-04, 09:18 PM
Im with Andre, but differing in his assumption. :)

Walls not joining is often casued by walls overlapping. Youve got to make sure the wall from "existing" is set to be "demolished" during New Work...

davidcobi
2008-09-04, 11:53 PM
We've run into this on our remodels. If you disallow join on all the walls (past present and future walls) at the intersection you can stretch them into place and then use the join geometery tool to clean them up.

That's how you force a wall cleanup... may the force be with you.