PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Curtain Wall Issues

kevinharvey
2008-09-04, 10:05 PM
I have a weird curtain wall issue on the building i am working on, the building is a 9 floor office building with sloped curved curtain walls to front and rear, the rear curtain wall is split into four sections 2 mirrored from the centre over, these curtain walls are created by the "curtain system by lines" command, but one curtain wall is ok where as the other insists on burying itself into the vertical wall, the lines that create the curtain wall are mirrored over from the correct side but this does not solve the problem, any help on this would be appreciated as i cannot seem to get this sorted out.

The image "teaching block" is the correct curtain wall, "teaching block 1" is the mirrored incorrect curtain wall

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-04, 11:18 PM
I would do it by creating a mass and picking its faces. Since the buildings are mirrored, just create one mass and mirror it. I think you will have more control over it if picking the mass faces.

Andre Carvalho

jeffh
2008-09-04, 11:33 PM
I would agree with Andre. This may be just one of those "things" with the mirror tool that just does not quite work as expected.

It might be worth submitting to support to have development take a look at and perhap figure out why this situation does not mirror correctly. Then it may be able to be prevented in the future.