PDA

View Full Version : Property Lines

Urban D
2003-08-07, 10:47 PM
Hi, I'm starting out on my first couple of projects. I trying to draw a small sub-division site plan. I have used the 'Create property lines by table of distances & bearings'. Whilst I finished up with something that looks similar to the plan I'm still not sure how I got there - seems a bit complex & time consuming.
Can the property lines be drawn using 'Create property lines by sketching' and using distances & bearings as in ACAD?

aggockel50321
2003-08-08, 12:12 AM
Not at this point, I don't think.

But, if you have a copy of acad, (or some generic product that will write a dwg or dgn) do the property lines in acad, the way you know & love, save it, import the property lines into REvit, and trace over them.

We can say that stuff, now that they're both owned by the same entity...

GS Fulton
2003-08-08, 12:33 AM
You can enter the Property lines by sketching much the same as drawing walls (i.e. you can stretch it in the general direction you want and then enter the exact distance) and after the line is placed (but still selected)there will still be an angle dimension which you can modify. Haven't been able to change angles to dms so you have to have decimal conversions ready.

George F

Urban D
2003-08-08, 01:31 AM
Thanks for your input guys. I think I will draw in in acad and import it to Revit. Appears to be the easiest way at this stage.