PDA

View Full Version : Alignment from existing bench

moralesf
2008-09-05, 01:04 AM
Hello,
I am looking at my cross sections and there is a ditch next to the road.
My supervisor wants me to target the rim of the ditch away from the road (see attch.).
How can I make an alignment out of that rim edge?
If there is any other way, let me know.
moralesf

sinc
2008-09-12, 11:50 PM
I think you might be looking for the Corridors->Utilities, "Create Alignment from Corridor" or "Create Profile from Corridor"...?

brian.hailey933139
2008-09-14, 02:49 PM
Sinc,

I don't think that's a possibility. I think that is an existing ground condition and not created from a corridor (I could be wrong of course - there's a first time for everything).

moralesf,

I think you'll just need to draw your alignment along the breakline used to define your ditch. You may be able to convert the breakline into the alignment. Do a little experimenting with that and you might be pleasently suprised.

brainman1000
2008-09-22, 08:58 PM
moralesf,

I think you'll just need to draw your alignment along the breakline used to define your ditch. You may be able to convert the breakline into the alignment. Do a little experimenting with that and you might be pleasently suprised.

+1

In addition, you will probably want to create a surface profile along that alignment and use that as a vertical target for the daylight as well as the alignment for the horizontal target.

moralesf
2008-10-07, 05:24 PM
Yes, that is my existing ground from surveys.

Brian wrote: "draw your alignment along the breakline "
brainman wrote: "create a surface profile "
Great ideas guys! thanks.