PDA

View Full Version : import from google earth is B&W

still.james
2008-09-05, 11:55 AM
i've imported a location from google earth to my drawing and it has imported in Black and White, can i import it as colour?

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-05, 01:18 PM
I never tried that, but I heard that this is a limitation imposed by Google. But if you want it in color, just go to (in Google Earth), find the image you want and go to File > Save > Save Image. Then just import the image into Revit.

Andre Carvalho

still.james
2008-09-05, 01:25 PM
thanks, didnt think of importing the image - trying to be too clever using the extensions

t1.shep
2008-09-05, 07:23 PM
While that will work if you just need the image, you won't be able to post back to google earth and have the building located in the right spot.
I suppose what you could do is to do both techniques. Get the image from google earth using the extension, but also import the color image. That way you can have the color image in revit and be able to export back out to the the correct location in google earth.

clarkl
2009-03-31, 02:22 PM
If you are using C3D you can import the Google Earth B&W image to a know coordinate system. Then without changing your Google Earth view (don't pan or zoom) you can save the image directly from Google Earth to your project directory and remap the B&W image with the color image so it references the appropriate coordinate system

lkaliakatsos
2009-04-05, 09:56 PM
See Plex.Earth (http://www.plexscape.com) to simplify your work.

If you have coordinates you can do your work in "vanilla" AutoCAD (no need for Civil3D) and you can even create a "mosaic" of images in order to cover large areas.

If you don't, you can locate the place in Google Earth and then perfectly adjust image (COLOR) in your drawing (see "Import & Transform Current Image" menu command).