PDA

View Full Version : internal instant messanger program

cridder_
2008-09-05, 08:11 PM
Does anyone know of or use an internal instant messenger program on a windows server?

I am looking for internal user to user messages for save to central, reload latest, etc. instead of phone calls, emails, etc.

Thanks.

jeffh
2008-09-05, 09:02 PM
I think Microsoft Office Communicator will run on an exchange server.

TroyGates
2008-09-05, 09:27 PM
There are several chat / messenger type programs based on netsend which is local network based. I don't have any suggestions for specific brands, but you should be able to find some by searching for 'netsend based chat' in a search engine.

Jun Austria
2008-09-06, 01:30 AM
Try this...

www.pandion.be

dbaldacchino
2008-09-06, 01:51 AM
We used Messenger and now use Communicator. I like the latter because you can easily look up someone's phone or direct extension, email from there, and they'll show their status based on their Outlook calendar.

Steve_Stafford
2008-09-06, 01:54 AM
Also, if you haven't installed the Worksharing Monitor Tool for Revit as well you ought to do that. It can help too!

cridder_
2008-09-07, 11:58 AM
I will keep that in mind once we get a Exchange server. Thanks.

netsend, thats the word i was looking for. Thanks.

I am looking forward to your AU class. Thanks for the info. We just off of novell this year, so Exchange, Communicator is a long way off. Sounds like a good solution though

Yes, Worksharing Monitor Tool for Revit is installed. Thanks for all the great info.