PDA

View Full Version : View Detail Numbers and Legends

AJGKennedy
2008-09-05, 08:11 PM
Why doesn’t Revit give numbers to legend views on the sheets…

We like to order items on our sheets and number them in a specific order… and then refer to things by the reference number and it’s location numbers… not just a title… so it would be nice to have that filled in… It is strange that the legend shows the view title tag, but it will not fill the number part… I could fake it and add a number with text, but boy we are starting to add a bit here and a bit there of non coordinated stuff like this then we won’t know what is linked and what isn’t…

Of course this brings up one of my other favourite wishes… that we can have links in the text notes… to reference views… but that’s another story…

Someone could just tell me that legends can get numbers, either I missed something or 2009 picked it up… ( I am still wishing for the go ahead… oh please let me go ahead to 2009… that’s a plea to my bosses, ha, ha… I am using 2008 )

Thanks...

twiceroadsfool
2008-09-05, 08:18 PM
2009 doesnt do it either, 9.0 used too. They took it off (i think) because legends can go on multiple sheets, so you could have the same data on more than one sheet, although im not sure why that presents a problem...

I TOTALLY agree on this though" We need a way to *reference other view* with a text note, as well as a callout. That would e HUGE HUGE HUGE in winning over Project managers. In fact, im wishlisting it right now...

AJGKennedy
2008-09-05, 08:33 PM
I do see that catch... the fact it is something that can be placed on more than one sheet... So if this were to exist... it would have to be unique to allow the view to have different numbers depending on what sheet it is located on...

Not as simple as saying “please add the numbers...”

Still a wish...
Thanks... 8)