PDA

View Full Version : Tree Visibility through Window

kafka
2008-09-06, 12:21 PM
I put an RPC tree object behind a facade and I want to make it visible through it by using the hidden line tool. But It doesnt work! I got what you see in the elevation view...If I use the hidden line tool with "Hidden" line the tree goes above the facade!!! I want to do this to simulate transparency and see beyond the facade!

Then also Is there a way to change the fill color of this RPC tree? I tried to change it but I cant succeed neither!

Later I tried to change the visibility of the family drawing new symbolic lines. It works better but the tool it is not very precise. Comparing a 3D FRONT view with the elevation you may notice how in the first the line supposed to beyond teh facade plane are correctly shown (behinf the mullions) in the elevation view the line are drawn above the facade (look at how the line intersect the mullions). Is there a way to fix it???

nole
2008-09-07, 05:44 AM
Hi there!
Why don't You just open the 3D view and orient it by the elevation? In that case, Your glass wall will be transparent.

luigi
2008-09-07, 06:44 AM
Nole's suggestion is a good one, but you also can hide(turn off) or make transparent (through overide or VG) the glass. (if it is a window, the subcategory Glass of the window....if a curtain wall, turn off "Curtain Panel" or make the Curtain Panel transparent (through Visibility Graphics)

but the 3D view oriented to the elevation will make the transparency look better...

Hi there!
Why don't You just open the 3D view and orient it by the elevation? In that case, Your glass wall will be transparent.