PDA

View Full Version : More phase problems

wse1
2008-09-06, 03:28 PM
Thanks to everyone's help on my last phase problem.

My current problem I am encountering with phases are with doors and windows. I have an existing window in phase 2 that will be replaced with a different window in the same opening in a future phase. In phase 2, I have put in the existing window and demoed the window in this phase. The existing window shows up fine in the phase 2 elevation and plan views. On the future phase plan and elevation, the existing window does not shown which is great, but when I insert the new window it cuts the wall in plan view just fine but it does not cut the wall in elevation. Any suggestions on how I can get the new future window to cut the wall in elevation. BTW the wall is created in phase 2.

Thanks again for the help.

dlpdi5b
2008-09-08, 12:10 AM
Is the new wall outside of the existing wall? I have seen a similar issue when a window is cutting the old inner wall but not the new outer wall. The solution was to join the geometry of the inner and outer walls, and that makes the new window cut both walls.

Is the phasing of the elevation views correct?

wse1
2008-09-08, 01:16 PM
There is only one wall created in phase 2 but not demoed in future phase. I got around the problem by demo phase 2 wall and creating a new wall in the ame location with windows placed in the correct phases. I don't understand why windows can't be added and demoed in the same wall and controlled by phase filters. I thought this was the whole idea behind phases.

Thanks for the help

patricks
2008-09-08, 03:49 PM
When you demo an object inserted into an existing wall, it infills the remaining opening with a piece of new wall of the same wall type as the existing wall. Sometimes when you place a new inserted object in that same place, it gets hosted by the main wall and ends up not cutting that piece of new wall. I have found that simply moving the object along the wall by a foot or 2 so that it cuts both old and new wall pieces, and then moving it back the same amount will get the correct result.