PDA

View Full Version : what causes this

ntnik
2008-09-07, 06:53 PM
i have had it happen before, i usually drag the end at the corners and it cleans up....this particular instance is a crawlspace, existing wall....i cant seem to clean up corners (when i try and edit wall joins the "butt" is selected (all options are greyed out) ...i have tried trimming and everything else i know of (including disallowing join and moving blue dot manualy

iankids
2008-09-08, 08:13 AM
I tend to have a similar sort of problem when the walls are different heights.

Are they all the same base and top?

Cheers,

Ian

ntnik
2008-09-08, 01:50 PM
yes they are all the same (offset from base and heigth) and i matched properties all around.......now in several instances they are overlapped by the walls above to varying degrees.....its a small simple job and they are all aligned correctly (crawlspace wall and wall above) but that little bit of overlap (slop) may be doing it????........yes /no?

patricks
2008-09-08, 03:12 PM
Are there any base or top extensions? I have found that those mess with wall join appearance in plan views sometimes.

ntnik
2008-09-10, 10:12 PM
base is -2' 8" from level 1
wall height is 2' 8"

works well mostly, sometimes i do have isssues

davidcobi
2008-09-10, 10:54 PM
Can you upload the problem file?

patricks
2008-09-11, 02:51 PM
I didn't mean base/top offsets, I meant base/top extensions, like when you have layers unlocked in the wall type so you can extend them independent from the wall itself. My experience is that it screws up the join appearance in plan view EVERY time unless it's set to miter, which is not an option when one wall has to extend up higher than the adjoining wall.

ntnik
2008-09-18, 04:09 PM
thanks for replies...getting back to this job now.....i see what you mean.....i'll check an region heights, as i recall, they maybe different.....that makes sense