PDA

View Full Version : Adding colour to a schedule

Tabz
2008-09-10, 04:20 PM
i want to know if and how i can add colour fills to a schedule. For example defing each department with a different colour.

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-10, 04:37 PM
I don't think you can do that. I know Revit MEP has the "conditional formating" that's part of the schedules. There you can set the background of a cell to change color if the condition is met. I would like to see this in Revit Architecture, but that's subject to another long thread...

Andre Carvalho

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-09-10, 06:13 PM
Andre is correct, only MEP has conditional formatting :banghead: (he is also correct that we need this too)
There are a number of nasty workarounds involving overlaying drafting views (created with filled regions to match the layout/spacingof your schedule) on your sheets but they are not very Revit like. I can provide a furhher explanation if required.

twaldock
2009-07-08, 11:32 PM
I found this workaround when I searched previously but cannot find it again - so thanks to whoever it was that posted it before. I thought I'd reply to this thread in case others were looking.

In RAC you can format a cell with a background colour by going in to the formatting tab and selecting the field, then use the keyboard shortcut "Alt N" to get to the formatting dialog. however, the end result does not show up on the sheet. So close, but so far . . .

ceilidh
2009-07-09, 03:45 AM
If you have access to Revit MEP you can open your project in that, do the formatting, close the project and reopen it in Revit Architecture and your formatting will remain.
There is also apparently a way to open the conditional formatting dialogue from Revit Architecture using a keyboard shortcut - maybe someelse out there knows what it is?

jeffh
2009-07-09, 03:54 AM
Steve Stafford posted a method to have conditional formatting in Revit Architecture. You can do it it just takes a little more work.

http://revitoped.blogspot.com/search?q=conditional+formatting