PDA

View Full Version : Invalid file handle error!

crl_arch
2008-09-11, 07:11 PM
I have been working on a Revit file for a few days now and when I went to open the file I got the attached error message.

How can I recover or open this file? I rebooted, etc. and nothing has worked.

Thanks for your help . . . I need this file!

Craig

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-11, 07:28 PM
Next time you try to open the file, select the option "Audit" located at the opening dialog box. If it doesn't work, go to where the file is saved and look for any backup files (usually ending by numbers - 001.rvt, 002.rvt, etc..). Try to open them.

Andre Carvalho

crl_arch
2008-09-11, 07:52 PM
I tried the Audit option already and it does nothing.

The backup files give me the same error message.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
CRaig

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-11, 08:05 PM
Any other ideas?

Thanks,
CRaig

Try creating a blank file and inserting your file as a link. If it works, select the link and bind it.

If it doesn't work, then the best thing to do is sending it to Autodesk Support. Maybe they have tools to open and recover it for you on top of telling you why this happened.

Andre Carvalho

crl_arch
2008-09-11, 08:18 PM
Yea, that didn't work either . . . same message.

What's the link to Autodesk support . . . I want to make sure I get to the right person.

ARghhh

Craig

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-11, 09:33 PM
You will find the option to create a support request by going to the Help menu. If you don't have subsciption, then try contacting your reseller to see if you can send it through it. Or just post the file right here and hopefully someone from the factory can take a look for you.

Andre Carvalho

lindsay_wong
2008-10-29, 11:22 PM
Craig,

Did you ever happen to figure out the reason for this error? I am encountering the same! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Lindsay

crl_arch
2008-10-30, 08:36 PM
Unfortunately . . . No.

The best answer I got was to upgrade my server to a faster speed and in the meantime save to my local hard drive and copy to the network at the end of the day.

Sounds like a pretty big glitch if it is happening to others as well.

Let us know if you have any success!

Thanks,
Craig