PDA

View Full Version : Non-rectangular logo on a decal

patricks
2008-09-11, 08:30 PM
Is there a way to have a transparent background for an image used as a decal? I have a company logo I'd like to use as a decal on a rendering, but the logo is triangular, and I don't want to see a big white rectangle behind it.

I'm pretty sure JPEG automatically puts a white background behind it. Is there any other image file that can have a transparent background and work as a decal?

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-11, 09:51 PM
Yes. Go to Settings, decal types, create a decal, give a new name, cut out, image file.

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2008-09-12, 01:44 PM
soooo do I use the same image file for the decal and for the cutout? Or do I need to create some kind of image file based on the decal image file to use for the cutout? I'm not real sure how that works and of course, the Help file isn't very clear either.

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-12, 02:30 PM
Patrick,

I always used a true cut out image. Took the decal image I want to use to Photoshop or PhotoPaint, made the portion I wanted transparent to be black and removed the other color pixels. Actually, if your image has a white background, it is very easy to select the background, paste into a new image file and switch it to black. Never tried using the image without changing the background, though.

Also, take a look in this thread (I think Skysouth also uses it the same way...)

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=85191

I hope it helps.

Andre Carvalho