PDA

View Full Version : Concrete Reinforcement

kathy71046
2008-09-12, 01:34 AM
Am I missing something here, or is the interface and/or program less than adequate?

I create an area reinforcement on a concrete wall in Revit, and it comes in as individual bars rather than mesh.

Additionally, the concrete shape doesn't go through, and there are levels that I have no idea where it comes from (3.70 is definitely not the base of my walls)

As it stands, if I can't even get the concrete geometry, then there is no point even trying to get anything else set up, as it's more prudent to export an elevation to cad and detail the walls manually, as at least I get the correct panel shape this way.

kathy71046
2008-09-17, 07:07 AM
I guess the lack of reply means that it is as broken as I think it is, oh well, the idea was great......

m20roxxers
2008-09-26, 03:13 PM
Katika

Form my experience I find the reinforcement system in ASD at this stage woeful and restrictive.

Unless you build rectangular concrete boxes or slight variations of, I find the only useful aspect so far is the steel component. Formwork while a great idea back in the day is easily surpased by Revit's capabilties. It simply creates more work in document management then the design of revit Familes.

kathy71046
2008-09-30, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I submitted a support request showing how horribly broken it is....and I'm not using it due to it's uselessness.

Dariusz.Kwolek
2008-10-03, 12:48 PM
Hi Katika

Can you explain me please what option in ASD Reinforcement program (standalone version) is uselessness or what is your main problem using this application?

Thank you

kathy71046
2008-10-06, 01:33 AM
I use reinforcement drawings to send a wall to ASD, and the shape of the wall is incorrect.

It cuts off parts of the wall when you have a door in the corner (bottom right, I think bottom left it's ok with), cuts off or fills in steps in elevation, and if there is any shaping it just fills it in....basically it will do a rectangle, but not much more.

Any additional reo placed in walls, other than area reinforcement is not exported at all.

This is rendering the tool virtually useless, if I can't do the entire projects walls there, then there is no point.

I can't find a way to adjust the shape once it's in there to fix it, but that may be because I don't have time to read a 300 page pdf to find the one paragraph that relates to it just at this moment.

There is a support request in with all the supporting files and screenshots.