PDA

View Full Version : Audit for Views Placed on Sheets?

c.heilly
2008-09-13, 09:28 PM
Is there a way to perform an audit for which views have been populated on sheets? There has got to be something better than dragging each view to a sheet to see if it allows me to place it. If a view is already on a sheet, it obviously wont let me populate it twice.
It would nice to be able to have something tell me which views have yet to be placed on a sheet.

Thanks,

Steve_Stafford
2008-09-13, 10:28 PM
Project Browser - Select the top most item Views > Using the Type Selector choose Not on Sheets. This will filter out all views that are ON sheets and only display those that are not.

You can also create a View List > View menu > New > View List:
Include the Sheet Name and/or Sheet Number parameters. If there isn't a value then it isn't on a sheet.

It is a good idea to use a naming convention to make it more obvious what views should be on sheets but may not be yet. Such as ALL CAPS for sheet views and lower case for others as well as some prefix like "z_" or "wk-" in front of view names of views that have no business on a sheet.

c.heilly
2008-09-14, 04:14 PM
I figured it was right in front of me. Thanks!

tim.101799
2008-09-14, 05:42 PM
We have a schedule in our template filed that lists all views, if they are placed on a sheet, what sheet they are on, the view number. It is very helpful for determining if views are placed on sheets, but also great for renaming & renumbering views

Scott Womack
2008-09-15, 10:26 AM
Revit also has a built-in automated system. Open your sheet, then go to the Views Side Bar, use the Add View button at the bottom. It will only show views that have not been placed on a sheet. Unfortunately, this also includeds key plans and schedules, but that is a small annoyance.

atbergma
2008-09-15, 01:51 PM
We have a schedule in our template filed that lists all views, if they are placed on a sheet, what sheet they are on, the view number. It is very helpful for determining if views are placed on sheets, but also great for renaming & renumbering views

How are you getting the view number to show up on your view list? I would love that.

cdsuggs
2008-09-15, 11:49 PM
I would also like to see how you've built this schedule.

chris