PDA

View Full Version : When Levels are adjusted errors are caused by groups w/ walls

Scott Womack
2008-09-15, 06:41 PM
We have a multi-story university dorm project that contains two buildings in one Revit file. This is because we need to produce separate doc sets, but many sheets are used in both files. In this project we are using groups for the various unit types. Now the Civil engineer has graded the site. One of the two buildings needs to adjust all of the levels by 8". When I try to do this, I get error messages that want to delete walls. I cannot just use the reposition project system, since one building needs to move up, and one needs to move down. Any suggestions?

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-15, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure if that's what you are asking but if you have walls (attached to levels) in groups and you want to change levels that will make the groups become different, then you need to create new groups with different heights.

Andre Carvalho

Scott Womack
2008-09-15, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure if that's what you are asking but if you have walls (attached to levels) in groups and you want to change levels that will make the groups become different, then you need to create new groups with different heights.

Andre Carvalho

Currently I'm going back into the groups, and setting all of the heights to unassigned, at a specific height. Are you saying that is the issue. I was trying to grap all of the fllor levels of one of the groups, and moving all of the floor levels for that building together at one time.

lhanyok
2008-09-15, 07:46 PM
Currently I'm going back into the groups, and setting all of the heights to unassigned, at a specific height.

That is what I have been doing on a similar project. We have different floor to floor heights in two different buildings, but they share the same unit groups. So I have set all the walls to a specific height, rather than being attached to a level.