PDA

View Full Version : Can't Move Section Line Gap

dc.109967
2008-09-16, 10:11 PM
Hi all,

I've recently encountered this weird problem with 2 of the section lines in my project.

What I want is the section lines to look the same on all levels. However, as you can see on the attached jpegs, the 2nd level (2nd jpg) looks fine, i.e. the way I want it.

However, on the 1st Level, (1st jpg), the gap only appears where I have staggered the section line and I can't get it to match the look of the section line on 2nd Level.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks.

kathy71046
2008-09-17, 01:11 AM
The break symbol isn't breaking the line?

dc.109967
2008-09-17, 04:04 PM
It is breaking the line. However, the gap is not adjustable on this particular view, whereas it is on the other views. I can't figure out why.

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-17, 04:16 PM
It is breaking the line. However, the gap is not adjustable on this particular view, whereas it is on the other views. I can't figure out why.

I can't reproduce the same here... Have you tried to pull the blue dot close to the section head, and move it away from the building. Pulling the head should also pull the blue dot where the section is split and therefore separate the two parts.

Andre Carvalho

dc.109967
2008-09-17, 07:05 PM
I may be onto something!!

(BTW, I have tried moving the blue dot, but all that did was "close" the gap.)

Now, I believe this issue has something to do with the crop boundary of the view. I noticed that when I move the crop box beyond the section bubbles, the section lines show up correctly, but when I move the crop boundary in, they get messed up. But, what is weird is that only 2 of my sections lines are doing this...the ones that have split segments.

Is this a bug? Has anyone else noticed this?

See attached images. The first one shows the section lines the way I want, with the crop boundary BEYOND the section bubbles. The second one shows the section lines (the 2 that are split) shown incorrectly, i.e. without the gaps anymore.

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-17, 07:20 PM
Once the crop region crosses one of the blue dots from the gap, it shows the line as continuous. You have to make sure that crop region is beyond the blue dots.

Andre Carvalho

dc.109967
2008-09-17, 07:39 PM
Once the crop region crosses one of the blue dots from the gap, it shows the line as continuous. You have to make sure that crop region is beyond the blue dots.

Andre Carvalho

Sure, but only with split segments, not the others. Isn't that kind of weird?

In the end, I guess it doesn't matter, but it just struck me as odd.

Thanks.