PDA

View Full Version : Long Span Steel Joist

bsamuel
2004-09-27, 02:19 PM
Can anyone help me find where the Long Span Steel Joist, (36" Depth) style is located, or do I have to draw it, if so are there any suggestions.

Thank You

Bernard

tstephens
2004-09-29, 06:48 PM
Not sure if this is what you need:

Most of the Structural styles are in the Format > Structural Member Wizard. Then you can select a style and modify it's dimensions.

Tod Stephens

dkoch
2004-09-30, 03:57 AM
From the Help in ADT 2005:
You can access predefined styles for custom structural members from the Member Styles and Bar Joists Styles drawings located in the \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\ADT 2005\enu\Styles\Imperial folder.

Alas, the bar joist styles only go up to 30" deep. Perhaps you could reverse engineer one to create a 36" deep style of your own?

bsamuel
2004-10-01, 01:39 PM
Thanks, But I found the 36" deep Long Span steel girders in the Download section.

Bernard

Steve_Bennett
2004-10-06, 12:35 AM
Alas, the bar joist styles only go up to 30" deep. Perhaps you could reverse engineer one to create a 36" deep style of your own?
It's actually not that hard to create a open web style truss. The question is, how much detail do you want?? It involves multiple design rules (i.e.: chords) & custom blocks in the appropriate display configuration (i.e.: webs).

It's pretty neat to be able to create your own structural object & get it to do what you want.

tatriest
2005-01-25, 07:59 PM
We just implemented the use of ADT 6 months ago. I would like to create a double-pitched joist style. Where (or what book) can I learn how to create this joist style?

Thanks,
Terry

Steve_Bennett
2005-01-26, 02:33 AM
We just implemented the use of ADT 6 months ago. I would like to create a double-pitched joist style. Where (or what book) can I learn how to create this joist style?
Well, Check out these threads.

Similar style: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=12469
You could use the process used to form pitched truss to form a double pitch.

Books: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=13270

Hope this gives you what you need.