PDA

View Full Version : Complete Categories and Parameter

mtyp
2008-09-17, 11:22 PM
Hey,
Working through our office standards for a little while now and am looking to clearly define the critical parameters and the maintain a concise subcategory list.
This is going to be all stored on the company intranet and searchable, that is when we get that working properly.
To achieve this I need to generate a list of Object Styles and also the Parameters in the categories. I'm using the ODBC export for the parameters, its slow going, and plan to do the Object Styles manually (painfully).

Does anyone have or know a better way to get either of these in a formatted spreadsheet or text file?

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Matt

ron.sanpedro
2008-09-17, 11:50 PM
Hey,
Working through our office standards for a little while now and am looking to clearly define the critical parameters and the maintain a concise subcategory list.
This is going to be all stored on the company intranet and searchable, that is when we get that working properly.
To achieve this I need to generate a list of Object Styles and also the Parameters in the categories. I'm using the ODBC export for the parameters, its slow going, and plan to do the Object Styles manually (painfully).

Does anyone have or know a better way to get either of these in a formatted spreadsheet or text file?

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Matt

Matt,
I already have the Object Styles done for the same purposes. Trade ya for those Parameters!?

Gordon

mtyp
2008-09-18, 12:01 AM
Matt,
I already have the Object Styles done for the same purposes. Trade ya for those Parameters!?

Gordon

Sounds like a good trade to me, I'm focusing on Family Creation at the moment. I think i'll need to do System also.

It looks like i'll have a baseline document (straight from Revit) sometime today...

Scott Womack
2008-09-18, 10:35 AM
Sounds like a good trade to me, I'm focusing on Family Creation at the moment. I think i'll need to do System also.

It looks like i'll have a baseline document (straight from Revit) sometime today...

IF you don't mind sharing a portion of it, the Steel City Revit User's Group is embarking on a 5 to 6 meeting series on Family creation. Anything relating to standards concerning family creation would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to email me direct if you don't want to continue this here. Proper credit would certainly be given!

aaronrumple
2008-09-18, 01:10 PM

The Revit defined items or custom ones? Don't forget that all the Revit content will load additional object styles. So you need to sort through those as well....

mtyp
2008-09-18, 09:20 PM
Scott, Its still coming together, but yeah I don't mind sharing it with people. Email me and i'll send it through when its either finished or close to being finished (baseline point)

Aaron, I'm intentionally avoiding the Revit Content as most of it is a bit light on the ground when it comes to standards, parameters and object styles. I do have the template and default parameters