PDA

View Full Version : Room seperation line

tim.101799
2008-09-18, 01:27 PM
This could be a simple thing that I am totally making more complicated than need be. But is there anyway to make room seperation lines either invisiable or set them not to plot?

I need to use them to define spaces to place rooms, but I do not want to see them on my floor plan.

jeffh
2008-09-18, 01:45 PM
room Seperation lines can be controled from the Visibility and Graphics dialog box for the view. See attached screen shot. You will have to turn them on and off manually (or with a view template) before plotting.

DaveP
2008-09-18, 05:06 PM
We usually set up a separate View with nothing but Walls, columns, and Room Sep lines (and a couple of other things) turned on. Then we crank the Room Sep lines up to Pen 8 and Magenta.

That makes it much easier to manipulate the lines, and you don't have to worry about remembering to turn them off before plotting.

jeffh
2008-09-18, 05:42 PM
I do the same thing. I pump up the line weight and make them a bright green. That is usually enough for me to remember to turn them off. But having a seperate view works too. :-)

david.metcalf
2008-09-18, 07:28 PM
I suggest keeping working views and plotting views. Plotting views should be named with Caps and working views be named with lower case with a wk- prefix. Many users like to use filters to apply color to aid in finding multiple layers of objects showing in the views. this is particularly true with MEP. If you do this you have the ability to plot quickly without having to resort to checking to be sure the views on the plotting sheets are correct as they are always ready with the correct visibility settings.

tomnewsom
2008-09-19, 04:07 PM
Absolutely have seperate working and presentation views. My working views typically have bigger view ranges, TO-DO notes, filters to show wall types in different colours etc. Presentation views are much neater and ON NO ACCOUNT SHOULD ANY EDITING BE DONE IN THEM!

patricks
2008-09-19, 05:57 PM
Absolutely have seperate working and presentation views. My working views typically have bigger view ranges, TO-DO notes, filters to show wall types in different colours etc. Presentation views are much neater and ON NO ACCOUNT SHOULD ANY EDITING BE DONE IN THEM!

Do you use these same presentation views for the final views that get printed on sheets for you CD set? If so, then obviously you have to do some work in them like placing dimensions, door tags, room tags, wall tags, key notes, other misc. notes, and anything else that is view-specific but needs to be seen in the CD set.