PDA

View Full Version : Fill cells in a wall

Carlos GT
2008-09-18, 01:41 PM
I want to know how you guys approach the visibility of filled cells in a CMU wall. What I usually used to do in cad, was show the filled cells as a filled square at the end of the wall and every 4 or 6 feet; I used to make this a layer so I could see it only in my floor and my foundation plans.

Now in revit, since is not a drafting software, what I do is "draw" these filled cells in my floor plan, then copy them and paste in my foundation, but I found this very time consuming. Is there a work around or a better solution?

Thanks.

Scott Womack
2008-09-18, 04:38 PM
I want to know how you guys approach the visibility of filled cells in a CMU wall. What I usually used to do in cad, was show the filled cells as a filled square at the end of the wall and every 4 or 6 feet; I used to make this a layer so I could see it only in my floor and my foundation plans.

Now in revit, since is not a drafting software, what I do is "draw" these filled cells in my floor plan, then copy them and paste in my foundation, but I found this very time consuming. Is there a work around or a better solution?

Thanks.

I only show them in enlarged plan details, etc. Otherwise I handle it with a note. In main floor plans I do not show the cells.