PDA

View Full Version : Data Reference Profiles for Elevations

chelffrich
2008-09-18, 10:05 PM
I am begining to grasp the concepts of the new Civil3D 2009 after having switched over from Land Desktop 2007. I am in the process of desiging a storm water system and am almost done with it. I am now in the process of showing my sanitary sewer parallel pipes and crossings. I have added the sanitary pipes into my storm profile view and have even data referenced the profiles I created for the flow lines of my sanitary sewer pipes. Now, I have created a label style that will reference the pipe inner diameter as well as the profile elevation. My problem comes when I add the label style I select my sanitary pipe and then select my profile to reference the flow line elevation, but when i hit enter to complete the command the reference text stays as the question marks (???) acting like there is no profile elevation for that pipe. I did not know if you were not able to data reference a profile and pull elevations off it or what. I have deleted the data references and brought them back into the file but still nothing. Any help? Thanks.

sinc
2008-09-18, 10:20 PM
There should not be an issue using reference text components with a DREF'd profile.

My guess is that maybe your label style is not correct? When using Reference Text, the list of available parameters get really chaotic. It can be very hard to tell which parameter is coming from which component. It gets REALLY bad if you use multiple reference text components in the same label.

I would start by carefully checking your label style definition, and make sure you grabbed the right parameter when you added the "Profile Elevation" parameter to your label component.

If you still can't figure it out, then can you post a sample drawing? This program has lots of interacting pieces, and it can be hard to diagnose some of these problems without seeing the drawing.

chelffrich
2008-09-19, 06:00 PM
sinc

well i have tried everything i know how to try. the label still does not show up the way it should. i would post the pictures of it but i have no idea how to get the pictures on this post thing. i try to print screen and paste it in here but it wont let me. if i figure it out i will get my screen up so I can let you know what i am seeing.