PDA

View Full Version : Navisworks 2009.1 and Pro_Stahl_3d

mahajann
2008-09-19, 01:12 PM
We are having problems in opening ProSteel ( from Bentley XM) in the Navisworks Manage. I tried downloading the Object Enablers from the Bentley website but am unable to still see these objects. I was wondering if anybody is having same problems or if there is a solution to this.
I get a message in Bentley regarding object enabler for " Pro_Stahl_3d" not being available.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Nitin

dgorsman
2008-09-19, 03:05 PM
From what I can tell, you need the appropriate version of AutoCAD installed on the computer, otherwise the object enabler doesn't do anything. However, if somebody *with* AutoCAD and NavisWorks opens the drawing file (producing the NWC file automatically) or deliberately exports an NWC, that NWC file should show the steel objects correctly.

navisworks
2008-10-27, 05:39 AM
most likely just need to go into the global options in navisworks, and set a different autocad version under dwg, unil you find the autocad version that the object enabler was installed for. (the autocad version does not need to be licensed to work). If the version of autocad you have is not in the list, you will have to install a version that is in the list, and install the object enabler for that version.