PDA

View Full Version : new to revit!

MPsico
2004-09-27, 06:28 PM
hi all revit users, i m from spain, so sorry for my bad english...
here at the office we used to draw everything with autocad and some addons, later we try ADT but it was very annoying and frustrating...
we just started with Revit, and we are all loving it! it´s really a piece of sotware!!!

now i have some questions for the guru´s, nah, really newbie questions...
here at the office we have an standard to tag doors and windows, we tag them by type, for example, the same kind of door always get the same number, for example we use D1 for the door type 1, then D2 for the door type 2 different from door type 1, and so on...
for the windows we use the same, but with another letter at the beggining...
Also for Door and windows we add the width of the element too...
can this be done with Revit in an automatic way? so revit understand that the same kind of door/window take the same number?

also we need to do a door/window plan, with all the doors/windows plan and elevation view and the dimensioning of the doors and windows, how can we achieve that?

finally, i need advise on the best practice to achieve results like the image i attach next, i have doubt to achieve what i have marked with ellipses...

thanks in advance!!!

sfaust
2004-09-27, 06:45 PM
For door type tags, you just have to make another tag family or change the original (I recommend a new one). You can either open the existing door tag family or go to file->new->annotation symbol and pick door tag. Then you can add lines or shapes to match your standard graphics. You can also add labels that will point to any parameter in the door families (width, height, type, etc.) Sounds like the parameters that you would want to label are type mark and width.

Same process for windows.

As for the door and window plan, just right click on your view and duplicate it

MPsico
2004-09-27, 06:54 PM
wow, that´s speed...
i will try the tag issue...

i dont quite understand about the door/windows plans/elevations, i need to have only the doors and windows (one for each type) dimensioned in plan, elevation, and maybe some section to show something in detail...

thanks!!!

sfaust
2004-09-27, 07:59 PM
oh, sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you wanted a floor plan to just show locations of doors and windows. What you are asking for is discussed in detail in this (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=4764</a>) thread. I prefer the design options method but continue to think that this would be a good tool for the wishlist.

As for the items on your photo, there are better people than me to answer I think, but I would look up floor slab edges and roof soffits for the roofs and deck edges. For the quoins on the corners of the building, probably look at a wall based family. I would even bet that there is one at www.revitcity.com (http://www.revitcity.com/) so look there first. Hope that helps...

MPsico
2004-09-28, 03:27 PM
thanks steve!!! i will try all your sugestions!!!