PDA

View Full Version : Changing Contents of Phases - Problem with Callouts

pnelson
2008-09-19, 08:14 PM
I have started my project, with everything created in the New Construction Phase. Initially everything in the project was to be built. Due to budget constraints, the project will be phased. Creating the phases, and moving the elements to their respective phases is not a problem. I can do that rather quickly. Heres the problem I am having though.

I have several drawing sheets set up with plan callouts & interior elevations that were created when everything was a part of the New Construction Phase. I cannot find a way to change the callouts or interior elevation tags/symbols to look at the new phase.

1. Are all of these views & their detailing lost?

2. Is the only way to fix this is recreating the callouts & elevations again in the correct phase?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

twiceroadsfool
2008-09-19, 08:22 PM
Hi there-

When youre in the view (callout, elevation) itself, go to the View Properties (type VP or right click), and at the very bottom of the window is a Phase and a Phase Filter.

The Phase will have to be updated to whichever one you want it to show, and however you would like it to display should be reflected in the phase filter.

Hope this helps... :)

pnelson
2008-09-19, 08:28 PM
Ok. That will change what the callout is viewing, but the callout dissappears from Phase 1 Plan, and does not appear in the Phase 2 Plan. How do I get the callout to show back up?

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-19, 10:09 PM
All annotations belong to the view they were created. You will have to copy them and paste into the 2nd phase view.

Andre Carvalho

pnelson
2008-09-22, 02:50 PM
I can copy & paste the callout to the new phase plan view. How does that help though? Its basically setting up every view all over again. I can make the original view look at the correct phase through VP, as mentioned earlier in the thread, but its associated tag disappears. Once I copy the tag from the original phase to the new phase, can i point the tag to the original view that i created?

Scott Womack
2008-09-22, 02:53 PM
I can copy & paste the callout to the new phase plan view. How does that help though? Its basically setting up every view all over again. I can make the original view look at the correct phase through VP, as mentioned earlier in the thread, but its associated tag disappears. Once I copy the tag from the original phase to the new phase, can i point the tag to the original view that i created?

Instead of Copy/Pasting those callouts. you should remake them, and as you make them, check the box in the tool bar that appears, saying Reference Existing Views, and then select the name you want it to reference

pnelson
2008-09-22, 03:51 PM
That did it. I was really worried that I was going to have to redo a lot of work. Thanks again. This forum is a lifesaver. If only the built in help files were as useful as this forum.