PDA

View Full Version : multiple seating

Jun Austria
2008-09-20, 04:21 AM
I'm in need of multiple seating chair. Anyone knows where to get this (see attached pictures)

dhurtubise
2008-09-20, 04:38 PM
Just build a line based family

Jun Austria
2008-09-20, 04:57 PM
Just build a line based family

I'm looking for a 3d model similar from the picture. Because. I will be doing an interior rendering for it. My boss asked me save this design (see attached rendering from out of the box Archicad) by using Revit.

twiceroadsfool
2008-09-20, 05:30 PM
What dan is suggesting is that you can build a line based generic model family that will look just like that when it is used.

Furthering that idea: The Imperial library has a chair called "Auditorium seating" that you oculd nest in to the line based generic model, set up a parametric arraw based on Length of the LBGM, and add on whatever end condition you want, and youre done.

You could build it pretty quick, if you need help let me know, ill see if i have fifteen minutes to toss one together...

Jun Austria
2008-09-20, 06:11 PM
What dan is suggesting is that you can build a line based generic model family that will look just like that when it is used.

Furthering that idea: The Imperial library has a chair called "Auditorium seating" that you oculd nest in to the line based generic model, set up a parametric arraw based on Length of the LBGM, and add on whatever end condition you want, and youre done.

You could build it pretty quick, if you need help let me know, ill see if i have fifteen minutes to toss one together...

I'm still in a early stage of "Family Editting" just doing basic doors and windows. And its 2:00 a.m. here Sunday. And still cleaning up the model that came from Archicad via ifc. I would appreciate the help. Please. :-)

twiceroadsfool
2008-09-20, 07:11 PM
Its pretty generic, but here you go.

I left the seats "shared" in case you want to schedule them, so the materials for the chair arent nested in to the line based family.

Load it in, go to component, and then in the option bar select the work plane, so itll let you put it in on a Level...

Lemme know if it doesnt work, i tested it here and it was fine...

Jun Austria
2008-09-21, 03:01 AM
Its pretty generic, but here you go.

I left the seats "shared" in case you want to schedule them, so the materials for the chair arent nested in to the line based family.

Load it in, go to component, and then in the option bar select the work plane, so itll let you put it in on a Level...

Lemme know if it doesnt work, i tested it here and it was fine...

Thank You, Thank You very much. This is a big help. Thanks again.

twiceroadsfool
2008-09-21, 03:12 PM
Thats what we're all here for man. :)