PDA

View Full Version : How many of you use only Accurender...or

Les Therrien
2004-09-27, 08:15 PM
using Accurender as your only rendering software?
I am getting antsy about waiting for an upgraded rendering engine to be implemented into a future version of Revit.
Accurender is great for quick renders but I am beginning to desire more of what I know I could have with other packages.
I know some of you use or are experimenting with other packages such Chris Zoog...

So again, as a mini poll; are you using any other rendering package?

SkiSouth
2004-09-28, 02:01 AM
Les, I've basically switched from 3dsmax 6 to Revit (Accurender). Check out my recent posts in the gallery. You can achieve a close photo-montage with Accurender, but so far it appears the "artsy" side of folks are coming out and most prefer the post processed images with Photoshop. It all depends on your usage. I have found it takes too much time to switch from one program to another, and usually after a great presentation the client becomes inspired with understanding --- and changes it all. Now all you're transmogrification of the Revit -to acad to max(viz) to Photoshop is down the tubes.....and you start over - Believe me - thats PAINFUL.... Quite frankly, having messed with the renderer now for about a year, pretty heavily these past few months, there;s only a couple of things that would really make things work better. Now, there are a LOT of things that I'd wish for, but they are just that wishes. Having rendered stuff now for almost 15 years, I can promise, you get really side tracked and wind up losing money with too many "tricks and features, - you know tweak, tweak tweak.... Anyway, hope this helps...