PDA

View Full Version : Revit Team Responsibility Matrix

Richard Lopez
2008-09-22, 05:02 PM
I would like to know if any one is willing to share or give some input on this matter.
I am looking to create Revit Responsibility Matrix for my Revit Team. We are using Revit Architecture, Revit Structure and Revit MEP. I want to establish who will draw what so that there is not overlap in drawing. If your willing to share a template this would be appreciated.

Thank you
Richard Lopez

twiceroadsfool
2008-09-22, 05:14 PM
I dont have one actually written out, but you will find that there will be some overlap. IMHO, its necessary. As the architects, were going to show all of the walls in our model/drawings. If theyre structural walls, the engineer is also going to need to show them on his. In situations like this, we have them use the Copy/Monitor feature to assert that they remain in the same place. This came up on our most recent project where the exterior walls were all load bearing Tilt Up concrete. We were showing them as stacked walls with different finishes, but the engineer had to show them for his tilt up diagrams.

I just recommend when you know there will be overlap (everyone needs grids...) decide early whos leading that initiative, and who is copy/monitoring... And enforce it. :)

Richard Lopez
2008-09-22, 05:38 PM
Just as I posted this I revived this email how ironic.

http://www.aecbytes.com/feature/2008/MPSforBIM.html