PDA

View Full Version : So how do I show exposed structure in my preliminary Revit Arch Model?

happystan5678
2008-09-23, 02:45 AM
I don't see amy way to show exposed trusses and GLB's in a model I build in Revit Arch.
Is that something I have to have my Structural Engineer provide for me?
What if I just want to show them for preliminary presentation purposes and not actual structure?

Can't I just model them in AutoCAD and then import them into Revit as components?

Scott D Davis
2008-09-23, 04:01 AM
They are part of the structural library that coes with Revit Architecture. Just load them and you can use them. in Coarse level of detail, they show up as a "stick" figure. Set your view to medium or fine to see the 3D geometry.

Also, right click in the Design Bar to turn on the structural tab if its not already on.

Scott Womack
2008-09-23, 10:44 AM
They are part of the structural library that coes with Revit Architecture. Just load them and you can use them. in Coarse level of detail, they show up as a "stick" figure. Set your view to medium or fine to see the 3D geometry.

Also, right click in the Design Bar to turn on the structural tab if its not already on.

In addition to what Scot stated, you can rick-click on the view properties, and set the structural elements to medium detail, if you want to maintain the remainder of the view in course detail for some reason.

harkeychad
2008-10-10, 01:26 PM
I dont see where I can set the structural elements to medium detail. Is that on the actual element or in a view?

twiceroadsfool
2008-10-10, 01:49 PM
Its in a view. if you want the rest of the view in Coarse, go in to the VG dialogue and override the structural catagories to fine level of detail...

harkeychad
2008-10-10, 02:40 PM
Thank you. Thats great. Can not believe I did not know that.