PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Isolated elements

kathy71046
2008-09-23, 08:52 AM
Is there a better way to do this than isolate, apply isolate to view, export, undo (to get view back to normal) ?

Scott Womack
2008-09-23, 10:38 AM
Is there a better way to do this than isolate, apply isolate to view, export, undo (to get view back to normal) ?

I do not believe so. If you use the Temporary Hide/Isolate at the bottom of the screen, you can avoid the undo.

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-23, 12:05 PM
I like using worksets. I use them even when working alone. That said, when I have to export only a few elements, I move them to my "Export" workset. This is set to be off by default in all views. Once the export is done, I just move them back (or a single Undo).

Andre Carvalho

kathy71046
2008-09-24, 01:15 AM
I had tried temporary hide/isolate, and it exported everything that was hidden as well. (prompting my question)

I was thinking it over last night, and I might try and keep the wall detailing as revit, and use a linked model to detail them, although I'm not sure that will work for my steelwork, so if ASD doesn't perform as advertised I will try the workset export method.

I just hope it doesn't end up blowing the size out to something ridiculous.

Andre Carvalho
2008-09-24, 01:24 AM
I had tried temporary hide/isolate, and it exported everything that was hidden as well.

Have you tried Apply Hide/Isolate to View after temporary hiding the elements?

Andre Carvalho

kathy71046
2008-09-24, 03:21 AM
Have you tried Apply Hide/Isolate to View after temporary hiding the elements?

Andre Carvalho

That was the original question ;) (if there was a better way than that)

It looks like detailng my walls in Revit is not going to work after all... :(

mruehr
2008-09-24, 04:42 AM
I use Filters for it.In my experience its more easy to get the hidden parts back in the view.
and less resource hungry.

kathy71046
2008-09-24, 05:23 AM
I use Filters for it.In my experience its more easy to get the hidden parts back in the view.
and less resource hungry.

Thanks, I don't have too big a view template list, so might be the easiest anyway.