PDA

View Full Version : Annotations

Tabz
2008-09-23, 09:22 AM
I am annotating a drawing with number references which refer to a list of materials.I can create this annotation as text and then add a leader with a filled dot to point to the correct location of that material. But what i want to do is to create a bubble around the number. I can do this as a separate element from the drafting menu but then my text and the circle are two different elements. Is there any way i can create a new annotation from scratch which has a circle around the number and then i can add a leader to it and point it in the correct direction.

Scott Womack
2008-09-23, 10:35 AM
I can do this as a separate element from the drafting menu but then my text and the circle are two different elements. Is there any way i can create a new annotation from scratch which has a circle around the number and then i can add a leader to it and point it in the correct direction.

Attached is a zip file with some symbols in it. My suggestion to you is to create a shared parameter for some text, and add it/modify these symbols. The best way to use these is to copy/rename a symbol for what you want. Then make a new type within the family for each note/number you want. You can then use a view called a Note Block to create a "schedule" of these (By project, not by sheet). All though these symbols are called Keynotes, they refer to the Architectural system of keynoting, not Revit's definition of keynoting.

This will permit you, after they are modified, to have a shape around a note, with some text after it.

Tabz
2008-09-23, 11:06 AM
thats great, i got it working. Cheers.