PDA

View Full Version : New build of RAC2009?

mmiles
2008-09-23, 04:17 PM
Hi all,

Just moments ago I received a FED-EX package containing one box with 4 discs - RAC2009, ACAD2009, AutoCAD Architecture (32 bit and 64 bit). My question is why did I just now get this?

Can anyone tell me if the build of Revit is indeed the most current build (or how to determine what the build is)? I received packages of RAC and AutoCAD 2009 this past spring, and i have downloaded the build of RAC from back in June, too.

thanks for the input. Sorry if I create confusion for anyone, too.

Scott D Davis
2008-09-23, 04:30 PM
You are an AutoCAD Revit Suite license holder....you just got the new version of the Suite which was released on Sept 15th. There is no change to Revit or AutoCAD versions. The only difference is that you now get AutoCAD Architecture as well.

Wes Macaulay
2008-09-23, 05:40 PM
...that disc is unlikely to contain the new build of Revit (WU2, or whatever it will be) that will be released any day now...

So you can install the Revit version on that disc; you'll just have to install the first-ever Revit service pack when it is released.

Dwane Lindsey
2008-09-23, 07:45 PM
The Revit disk that comes with new Revit Arch Suite is supposed to be Web Update 1. At least this is what I was told during our webcast with Autodesk...(I haven't installed it on another machine to check the build number).

mmiles
2008-09-24, 07:33 PM
Thanks guys. In actuality, we haven't even installed the 1st release yet - except on one machine to test. I assumed I would need to install from this disc and check the build number then. I was hoping there was a simple way to read the build number without having to install...say, like, written on the disc package or something like that.

sjsl
2008-09-24, 08:16 PM
Oh Boy! something I don't want or need Autocad Architecture. Just think if they would just put all of the AA people to work on the next Revit release, maybe site tools.....?

devilfrog
2008-09-24, 08:49 PM
Actually, adding ACA to the Revit Suite makes it alot easier for firms (such as mine) to switch to Revit from ACA. And lets not forget there are far more ACA seats out there than Revit so Autodesk is not going to purge that cash cow anytime soon. My $.02

sgoodmansen
2008-09-25, 08:11 PM
Actually, adding ACA to the Revit Suite makes it alot easier for firms (such as mine) to switch to Revit from ACA. And lets not forget there are far more ACA seats out there than Revit so Autodesk is not going to purge that cash cow anytime soon. My $.02

I just crossgraded 5 seats of ACA to the Revit suite because of this. Before it never made sense to crossgrade, since we still use ACA (mostly just walls doors and windows) and have to still open old files and work in it until we get a Revit group up and running.

So those who are complaining about getting this should stop, since its creating Revit users, not the reverse.

cliff collins
2008-09-25, 08:39 PM
Installed SP.
Very subtle improvements, I suppose?
Nothing major to report either pro or con so far.....

cheers....

domglam
2008-09-25, 08:44 PM
has the new web update SP2 been released yet?

shenderson
2008-10-11, 11:09 AM
Oh Boy! something I don't want or need Autocad Architecture. Just think if they would just put all of the AA people to work on the next Revit release, maybe site tools.....?

i could not have said it better myself...

sjsl
2008-10-11, 09:21 PM
And there will be another release before the end of the year. And then Spring.....

Munkholm
2008-10-11, 10:18 PM
Yes, SP2 / WU2 can be downloaded from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=11017599
Or better yet, download the new 64 bit version from Subscription Center (that is IF you have a 64 bit OS installed)

sroy
2008-12-11, 04:49 PM
I noticed that there was a new build #3 in mid November. I looked at our version and we only have the #1 build installed (20080602_1900). I was going to download and install build #3 (20081118_1045) but I think I would need to install the second build first.

I went to Autodesk site and didn't see the second build. There was a note that the #3 build contains changes from all previous web updates, so I assume I can just download this one and load it.

Am I missing something?

Dwane Lindsey
2008-12-11, 05:07 PM
You should be fine installing SP3 having SP1 already installed.