PDA

View Full Version : Linking DWF Mark-Ups into a Revit Set Observations and questions

AJGKennedy
2008-09-24, 02:47 PM
I have been looking at the wonderful world of DWF’s and DWF mark ups… I really like the features that I am seeing with them… I haven’t tested everything I would like to test yet, but so far so good… I have had some trials… (Crashing issues with the creation of them… but I think it has something to due with my older version of Revit… and lack of updates… Still pushing for the upgrades… it sounds like it is coming, possibly with hardware upgrades to… Yes! :) not for a while yet :( )

I have created markups in 6 different colors depending on who the notes are for… different consultants… project manager… drafting staff… I am also using the highlight feature for done, review or question… Now something I was excited to try and was looking forward to using was the linking back into Revit the mark-ups… but when I did this the colors for the these notes did not come in matching the original DWF mark-up colors… and the highlights are gone… Is this normal? Or is this another old Revit issue? This would be a small disappointment… if I had to lose the ability to have the color coded notes… and highlights…

What I have not tested yet is creating a second DWF set after changes and overlaying them… to see the changes… I understand that this can be done and that we can see highlighted changes between the two sets… This would be extremely useful… I look forward to this test… I also am looking forward to transferring the mark-ups from one DWF set to another… to keep them rolling forward till they are completed and dealt with… (enlighten me if I am thinking wrong… and it won’t work this way… save me the trouble of finding out on my own later…)

I see this as an great way to reduce the paper waste within our office… if we can train up those who need to do the mark-ups to use these tools and do the marks on the DWF… what a way to do all our internal review… if needed we can still print a hard copy… but… until needed… this is great… 8)

One little thing I would like to see.... under the plotting options... it would be nice to have the option to say plot linked DWF Mark-ups Yes/No check box... like there is for unreferenced view bubbles... ref/work planes, scope boxes & crop boundaries... That would be cool... Then we could have a saved set up for printing without mark-ups... and not have to remember to unload the mark-ups before printing.... Just an Idea...