PDA

View Full Version : Missing Training Files

sbrown
2008-09-24, 03:17 PM
There are a handful of revit files the tutorial reference which we can't find anywhere. Has anyone ever seen these files?

Common\c_Low_Slope_Roof.rvt
Common\Express Workshop\Sheet Layout\c _express_workshop_sheet_layout_start.rvt
Common\Express Workshop\Sheet Layout\c _express_workshop_RevitKeynotes_Imperial_2004.txt

Imperial\i_RRB_architectural.rvt
Imperial\i_RRB_add_service_core.rvt
Imperial\i_RRB_core.rvt
Imperial\i_Freighthouse_Flats-Creating_Views.rvt
Imperial\i_Freighthouse_Flats-VG.rvt
Imperial\i_Groups-Condominium.rvt

jeffh
2008-09-24, 03:21 PM
The training files installed with Revit are out of date and not complete. The updated training files can be download here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=11091739

There is a series of 4 zip files about 1/2 way down the page. these ZIP files contain all of the training files needed for the tutorials.

maxrosa
2009-02-25, 07:40 AM
I have down loaded the zip training files and i cant figure out how to use them to get the missing files. Any ideas what to do? Im running windows vista.

maxrosa
2009-02-25, 04:03 PM
I have downloaded and unzipped all the files on my computer at school and the missing files are still not there. Any suggestions?

jeffh
2009-02-25, 04:38 PM
I have downloaded and unzipped all the files on my computer at school and the missing files are still not there. Any suggestions?

On the download page is additional information for Windows Vista users:

Windows Vista users: You must be an administrator in order to extract the tutorial training files. During the extraction process, specify the following Unzip to folder since the default path is not correct for Vista installations: C:\Program Data\Autodesk\RAC 2009\Training.

If you receive errors during the file extraction, make sure that the Training folder on your system is empty, and try again.

As long as you specify where you are extracting the file too you can always add the folder to the "places" list in Revit.

john.hancock.135028
2009-09-17, 09:01 PM
All the missing files are located here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=13080345