PDA

View Full Version : Issue with mirroring stairs with rails.

david.metcalf
2004-09-27, 11:08 PM
Good afternoon folks,

I have this posted at the autodesk discussion news group today with no replies.

Prior to conducting Revit training for a small group, I am trying out the tutorial installed along with Revit 6.1 and found a behavior with the stair railing where mirroring either the stair or the building with stairs results with one of the railings being offset and rotated off by 90 degrees from one of the stairs.

This occurred with another Revit 5 tutorial of a different building model. One out of three trainees (including myself) in the training room experienced this issue.

So I know it cannot be just the files from the tutorial or release specific. Does anyone have any experience with this and can they tell me how to avoid it?

Thanks!
David

beegee
2004-09-28, 12:28 AM
The trick usually is to select the stair, not the railing. The railing should go with the stair when its mirrored.

This is one of the "glitchy" areas in Revit and strange things can happen to railings sometimes when mirrored. If it doesn't work for you ( maybe due to some complexity in the stair / railing sketch ) just recreate the railing, or move it back into position.

david.metcalf
2004-09-28, 03:31 PM
I see what you mean, used window to select the entire west wing and mirrored the building. The north stair mirrored nicely but the south stair exhibited this behavior. Used rotate and align tools to get it back to the correct placement.

Thanks for the clarification on the glitch, thought it was me! : )