PDA

View Full Version : Dimensioning of Angled Walls

ty_demo15
2008-09-24, 06:09 PM
How do you dimension an angled wall along with the length of the wall, rather than the X and Y dimensions from the adjacent walls?

nsinha73
2008-09-24, 06:24 PM
Something Like this? If So, then Select the Angled Wall and click that little Blue Dimension Symbol.

Mike Sealander
2008-09-25, 04:30 PM
If that doesn't get you the correct dimension, then start the dimension command, hover over the first point you want to start from, and keep on tabbing until you get a dark gray square. Then go the the other side where the dimension terminates, and tab until you get a very tiny point of light, or a dark square.
Last comment notwithstanding, dimensioning to angled walls can sometimes be frustrating.

nsinha73
2008-09-25, 04:53 PM
I have never found any trouble yet in Angled walls, but if you'd like, I could send a little video file on How I dimension it.
Thanks

patricks
2008-09-25, 05:25 PM
I have never found any trouble yet in Angled walls, but if you'd like, I could send a little video file on How I dimension it.
Thanks

In your example above, it appears that your 4' dimension is to the corner of finishes, or at least the corner of the core face. But then the 2' dimension appears to go to the corner of the core's centerline.

nsinha73
2008-09-25, 08:13 PM
Simple but lot can be done, please see Video....