PDA

View Full Version : Shared Parameters Question

dgreen.49364
2008-09-26, 04:06 PM
Haven't used shared parameters that much and am trying to make it work. There is a Revit tutorial that explains about creating the shared parameters while in a project file. I'm good there. Then you create a family where you add that same shared parameter to the family. When I am in the family ( it is a room tag) and go to Family Types, and Add Parameter, the Shared Parameters selection is grayed out and I cannot select from it. Have I missed something?

Thanks.

Is it because it is an annotation family?

Scott Womack
2008-09-26, 04:39 PM
Haven't used shared parameters that much and am trying to make it work. There is a Revit tutorial that explains about creating the shared parameters while in a project file. I'm good there. Then you create a family where you add that same shared parameter to the family. When I am in the family ( it is a room tag) and go to Family Types, and Add Parameter, the Shared Parameters selection is grayed out and I cannot select from it. Have I missed something?

In 2009 they change the way this works. Place another/new label. When you do, a dialog box will pop-up showing what parameters are available. In the lower Left corner, you'll see the windows symbol for new. Click on it, and if you have your system looking at the share parameters file, you'll get a new dialog box that pops up, with the Shared Parameters button already checked.

dgreen.49364
2008-09-26, 04:51 PM
Got it. Thanks.