PDA

View Full Version : Losing dimensions and spot elevations after reloading families. Huge problem

AP23
2008-09-29, 09:03 AM
When I reload a window or door family after I’ve done some minor changes (ad or remove a parameters) I get “the references of the highlighted dimensions are no longer parallel” message. I’m then obligated to remove the references in order to load the family. All my dimensions and spot elevations are removed then . This is a huge problem if we have to go through all of the views and ad new dimensions and spot elevations each time a family is modified and reloaded. I’m sure there is a solution for this. After all, here is where Revit suppose to shine.

Jun Austria
2008-09-29, 01:56 PM
I tried to replicate the problem but I'm not getting the same result you getting. Would you care to share more info like what version of Revit and OS you are using. Or maybe can share the file for us to disect?

patricks
2008-09-29, 02:05 PM
Also, is this a stock family or custom one? If custom, you'll need to attach the family so we can see if there's anything wrong with it. I don't recall having those problems with most families unless there is a problem with how I created the family.

AP23
2008-10-01, 08:43 AM
I've attached a sample window file. If you change the height in the family file and reload it back into the project, you'll lose the spot dimension.