PDA

View Full Version : Unrecoverable error

2008-09-29, 09:59 AM
I am getting an error message whenever I try and open a worksetted project. The project is only about 30Mb, with a Structures model linked in (which can't be opened either) and some AutoCad underlay files. The error message (as copied below) comes up whenever I try and open this file and then crashes Revit out. We are all using very high spec machines, with the 3Gb switch on.

An unrecoverable error has occurred. The program will now be terminated. All of your data has recently been saved, so there is no need to create recovery files.

[Edit] Problem solved during writing; The 3Gb switch was initially proposed (as per usual), which struck me as odd for such a small project, but it was the latest service pack that got it running again. Hope this helps somebody else out, we missed an issue date because of this. :(

patricks
2008-09-29, 08:05 PM
latest Revit service pack, or Windows XP service pack 3?

2008-09-30, 07:50 AM
latest Revit service pack, or Windows XP service pack 3?
Sorry, didn't define that too well. Revit 2009 SP1 & 2. Seems to be independant of XP SP's.

isingh
2008-10-02, 11:31 PM
We are facing the same problem and it is really causing a big slowdown. Did turning off the 3GB switch in your case solve the problem?
Thanks in advance.

2008-10-03, 08:03 AM
We are facing the same problem and it is really causing a big slowdown. Did turning off the 3GB switch in your case solve the problem?
Thanks in advance.
Usually it is turning the 3Gb switch on that solves the problems. In this particular case, it was the service pack that was causing it. We have a Structural file linked in, that was last saved from a version of Revit structures with SP2 applied, this changed the file format to a point where it could not be read by our non-Service Packed Architecture. Applied SP2 to Architecture and all was well again, except that we now need to Service Pack our Revit MEP and it fails every time.... :(

Rick Houle
2008-10-03, 11:39 AM
We had to add another switch on our HW due to extra ram on the video card...
Dont recall the details of how it manifested itself, or the HW specifics, but the switch is related to video cards with over 256mb (?)

/Userva=2900