PDA

View Full Version : more schedule filters

jessica.146534
2008-09-29, 06:48 PM
is there a way to get more filters in the Schedule Properties dialog box? i'm working on a pretty extensive equipment schedule and i need to filter the list by more than the 4 options they are giving me. i'm guessing that i can't, but thought i would ask in case anyone knows a way around this.

aggockel50321
2008-09-29, 07:28 PM
Easiest way might be to add a shared project parameter to the equipment, place a unique value to common equipment that you want to filter, add that parameter to your schedule, and use that parameter for the filter

jessica.146534
2008-09-29, 08:03 PM
i'm trying to sort the schedule to get it to fit on sheets (it's really long) so it would be a pain to figure out what sheet each individual item would go on. thanks for the tip though! it might come in handy down the road if i can't find a better way to filter everything!

Scott Womack
2008-09-30, 10:46 AM
i'm trying to sort the schedule to get it to fit on sheets (it's really long) so it would be a pain to figure out what sheet each individual item would go on. thanks for the tip though! it might come in handy down the road if i can't find a better way to filter everything!

Try sorting on levels. IF it is one floor, then you'll have to manually put a parameter in either a custom parameter, or put a value in the comments field of a portion of the equipment to create multiple schedules so it can be broken down. No other way that I'm aware of to limit a schedule.