PDA

View Full Version : Material Take off question

Carlos GT
2008-09-29, 06:50 PM
I have four walls (wood framing with gwb each side). When I go to the material takeoff tool, it shows the information (area, volume, etc) for each component of each wall. So, it shows the information for wood (structure) and gwb(finish) 4 times.
What I would like to see is the total value of each material, That means the total wood and total gwb for the 4 walls.

Thanks.

cliff collins
2008-09-29, 07:17 PM
I believe there is a "Grand Total" feature in the material takeoff schedule which
should give total for all walls/gyp. etc.

Also there may be an "itemize every instance" button to turn on/off depending on what you want the schedule to list.

cheers.....

Carlos GT
2008-09-29, 07:31 PM
I believe there is a "Grand Total" feature in the material takeoff schedule which
should give total for all walls/gyp. etc.

Also there may be an "itemize every instance" button to turn on/off depending on what you want the schedule to list.

cheers.....

That is true, but if I check the "grand total", the schedule list the total including the area (or volume) of the wood and the wgb included. And If I uncheck "Itemize every Instance", the schedule shows just the type of wall and the total area (or volume), but it does not show the wall components.

muttlieb
2008-09-29, 07:34 PM
On the Formatting Tab, for Material: Area, check the Calculate totals box.