PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Formula

markuspirker
2008-09-30, 12:57 AM
I have a question on how to write a formula for adding areas in a schedule.
I have a multi story project with a couple of 2-story units and want to display the unit totals in the schedule. The way I named the units was UNIT101-1 (for the first level) and Unit 101-2 (for the second level. (and so on) Then there are units that have only one level.

How can i get the total for all the conditions where i have this 101-1 and 101-2 situation.
What I am after is a suite total.

Any suggestions?

Scott Womack
2008-09-30, 10:33 AM
I have a question on how to write a formula for adding areas in a schedule.
I have a multi story project with a couple of 2-story units and want to display the unit totals in the schedule. The way I named the units was UNIT101-1 (for the first level) and Unit 101-2 (for the second level. (and so on) Then there are units that have only one level.

How can i get the total for all the conditions where i have this 101-1 and 101-2 situation.
What I am after is a suite total.

Any suggestions?

You would need to do a separate schedule, filtered to just show these units. You did not say if these are linked files, or groups. IF they are groups, you'll have to play extra games, since you cannot schedule groups per say. After creating a separate schedule you can get the total SF. Otherwise, you'd have to create a couple of calculated fields/parameters in your schedule, and do so serious IF statements to "filter" for just those types of units. By statements I mean that if the name (or whatever parameter you use) does not meet your criteria, it'll put a 0 in that column for the area, and if it does eval true, then it putsd the area in that column.

rjcrowther
2008-10-01, 04:28 AM
Would it help to add a comments field.

In the comments field you add salient comments so that you can sort by comment. The sorted lists can have totals. The comments field could be hidden so it doesn't appear in the printed schedule.

ososteph
2008-11-03, 06:34 PM
So is the answer to have a separate schedule for every townhouse? Am I understanding correctly? I am having the same issue with calculated the area for townhouses in a multi-family project we're working on. How do you do this?

twiceroadsfool
2008-11-03, 06:50 PM
You wont need to use a seperate schedule if you use another parameter in addition to the Mark value, ti delineate which Suite theyre a part of. For instance, Areas 101-1 and 101-2 are both part of Suite 101.

While this is manual data entry and coordination and i wouldnt personally do it, you can do the following: In the Comments field (or add another field, type in "Suite 101," and tell the schedule to sort by that Field, and calculate totals and place headers. Itll break the suites out, and total the areas....

But it wont manually update suite numbers of you change the Mark Values...

ososteph
2008-11-03, 07:19 PM
Thanks! At first I was not able to get the individual totals for the townhouses, I could only get the grand total for all my units. Then i realized that I had to check "footer" as well as "header" in the sorting/grouping tab and then select "totals" next to the footer check box.